Family-Owned Restaurants: Why You Shouldn't Clean Out Your Own Grease Trap
If you're a family-owned restaurant owner who wants to save money on expenses, you may choose to clean out your kitchen's grease trap yourself. Although it's possible to clean out a grease trap yourself, it may not be a good idea that you do. Grease traps contain toxic fumes that can be harmful to your health and the health of your employees if you inhale them. Grease spills can also place the staff at risk for costly slip and fall accidents you may need to pay for through your company's insurance.